Posted to user@struts.apache.org by udaykumar <ta...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/26 16:23:35 UTC

How to use 'extends' attribute of tag as well as tag

Hi,

I'm using Struts 1.3.10 GA build.

I Know that we have feature called 'extends' attribute in <form-bean>,
<action> and also in <form> tag of validation.xml file.

I'm able to use extends attribute of <form> in validation.xml file .But now
the problem is i'm bit confused how to use the same attribute in <form-bean>
and <action> tag.

Here is the scenario....

I Have a form bean called LoginForm with two fields 'userName' and
'password'.

I would like to create another Form which contains the same two Fields along
with another field.

I created the form-bean configuration like this in my struts-config.xml file

<form-bean name="loginForm" type="com.LoginForm"/>

Now how can i use extends attribute .

I tried in this way

<form-bean name="myLogin" type="com.LoginActionForm" extends="loginForm"/>

When i deploy everything and checked it is giving the error like
No getter method for property: "userName" of bean: "com.LoginActionForm"

How to use the extends attribute.

Here are my two formbeans

1)public class LoginActionForm extends ValidatorActionForm {}

2)public class LoginForm extends ValidatorForm {
	/**
	 *
	 */
	private String userName;
	private String password;
	private static final Logger LOGGER = Logger.getLogger(LoginForm.class);
	public String getUserName() {
		return userName;
	}
	public void setUserName(String userName) {
		this.userName = userName;
	}
	public String getPassword() {
		return password;
	}
	public void setPassword(String password) {
		this.password = password;
	}
	public ActionErrors validate(ActionMapping mapping,HttpServletRequest
request)
	{

		ActionErrors errors=super.validate(mapping, request);
		LOGGER.debug("In validate"+errors.size());
		return errors;
	}

}

Even if we extends the 'LoginActionForm' with 'ActionForm' also.. same error
is coming.
Help me in this.