Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Paulo Lopes <es...@megamail.pt> on 2001/05/07 20:01:59 UTC

Boolean useDisk of GetMethod class

hi!

i have tested this piece of source and it always
returned a null to the file object.

http_url.setPath(uri);

HttpClient client = webdav_resource.getSessionInstance
(http_url);

GetMethod method = new GetMethod(HttpURL.getPath(uri),
false, "temp/");

client.executeMethod(method);

File file = method.getFileData();

but if i use:
GetMethod method = new GetMethod(HttpURL.getPath(uri),
true, "temp/");
it doesn't return a null.

can someone tell me if the getFileData method, of the
GetMethod class, works if the boolean useDisk is set
to false?
Or if there is any method implemented that deletes the
temp file that is created when the boolean useDisk is
set to true?

thanks,

paulo lopes

Email Enviado utilizando o servi�o MegaMail

Re: Boolean useDisk of GetMethod class

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org>.
Quoting Paulo Lopes <es...@megamail.pt>:

> hi!
>
> i have tested this piece of source and it always
> returned a null to the file object.
>
> http_url.setPath(uri);
>
> HttpClient client = webdav_resource.getSessionInstance
> (http_url);
>
> GetMethod method = new GetMethod(HttpURL.getPath(uri),
> false, "temp/");
>
> client.executeMethod(method);
>
> File file = method.getFileData();
>

> but if i use:
> GetMethod method = new GetMethod(HttpURL.getPath(uri),
> true, "temp/");
> it doesn't return a null.
>

> can someone tell me if the getFileData method, of the
> GetMethod class, works if the boolean useDisk is set
> to false?
> Or if there is any method implemented that deletes the
> temp file that is created when the boolean useDisk is
> set to true?

That looks like a bug ... I'll try to see what's wrong.

Remy