Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> on 2006/02/23 15:54:37 UTC

Remove All From Repository Start Fresh

Hello,

Newbie, been playing around with the PDF book. I have screwed around
with the repository, and would like to start-fresh today.

Is there a section in the book, where this is explained?

Thanks,

Re: Remove All From Repository Start Fresh

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On 2/23/06, Scott Purcell <sp...@vertisinc.com> wrote:
> Newbie, been playing around with the PDF book. I have screwed around with
> the repository, and would like to start-fresh today.
>
> Is there a section in the book, where this is explained?

Just create a new one from scratch?  I've created over a half-dozen
repositories while learning the system and working through the books
like you are.

Re: Remove All From Repository Start Fresh

Posted by Ryan Schmidt <su...@ryandesign.com>.
On Feb 23, 2006, at 16:54, Scott Purcell wrote:

> Newbie, been playing around with the PDF book. I have screwed
> around with the repository, and would like to start-fresh today.

rm -rf /wherever/you/put/your/repository
svnadmin create /wherever/you/put/your/repository

This really will completely delete your repository with no hope of
recovery. Be sure this is what you want, and/or make a backup first.

This will also delete your config file and any hooks you may have
customized. If you want to keep them, remember to get them out of
their respective directories before you nuke them.