Posted to dev@community.apache.org by David Partmann/KBS <da...@kbs.de> on 2021/12/13 09:56:42 UTC

Option: log4j2.formatMsgNoLookups - What kind of function does it have?

Hello Apache-Community,

in relation to the option log4j2.formatMsgNoLookups i didn't find
anything.
Can you give further information about that option?

The reasons for that question are because of security issues within the
log4j2 framework.

Thanks for possible answers!

Best regards or to be in german:

Freundliche Grüße

David Partmann

Dezernat VI.2 - IT-Betrieb und Rechenzentrum

Deutsche Rentenversicherung
Knappschaft-Bahn-See
Knappschaftstraße 1   44799 Bochum

Tel. 0234 304-62537
Mobil 0151 53957763
Fax 0234 97838-19408
david.partmann@kbs.de
www.kbs.de

Re: Option: log4j2.formatMsgNoLookups - What kind of function does it have?

Posted by Richard Zowalla <rz...@apache.org>.
Hi David,

I guess, that it would be better to ask this question on the related
project log4j-user list:
https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/mail-lists.html

Gruß
Richard