Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "David E. Bruce" <mr...@uark.edu> on 2001/12/11 21:09:31 UTC

Verisign Cert and Tomcat SSL

I've been running tomcat 4.0.1 on RedHat 7.2 with a self signed cert for
a while now and had no problems.  Now, however, I've gotten a verisign
cert and I'm getting an error.
I removed the tomcat alias with my self signed cert.
I created the cert request with OpenSSL 0.9.6b, and got the crt file
back from verisign.
I did
keytool -import -alias tomcat -file mycert.crt
And tomcat starts up no problem, the non-ssl connection works fine, but
when I try to hit a servlet with a security constraint, I get the
following message from my browser (Mac OS X, IE 5.1):
Security Failure.  The server reply is invalid.

There is nothing in my catalina.out that would suggest a problem.
Anyone know what I need to do?
Feel free to email me directly as well as reply to the list.
Thanks,

David Bruce
dbruce@uark.edu
Network Services