Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Ravindra Jain <ra...@ltp.soft.net> on 2001/08/01 07:17:16 UTC

Deploying the samples in soap 2.2

Hi All,

I'm trying to run the addressbook sample included in soap 2.2  samples.
But I'm getting the following error when trying to deploy the addressbook
sample service via command line :

java org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
samples\addressbook\DeploymentDescriptor.xml

"Exception in thread "main" [SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Client; msg=A
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/e
 nvelope/:Fault' element must contain a: 'faultcode' element.;
targetException=java.lang.IllegalArgumentExcepti
 on: A 'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/:Fault' element must
contain a: 'faultcode' element.]
        at org.apache.soap.rpc.Call.invoke(Call.java:246)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.invokeMethod(ServiceManagerClien
t.java:129)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.deploy(ServiceManagerClient.java
:142)
        at
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient.main(ServiceManagerClient.java,
Compiled Code)
"
The interesting thing is that I'm able to deploy the same service by filling
the deployment template
from soap admin in my web browser.

I'm using jdk 1.3 and tomcat 3.2.3
My classpath environment variable is :
"C:\soap\soap-2_2\xerces.jar;C:\soap\soap-2_2\lib\soap.jar;C:\soap\soap-2_2\
mail.jar;C:\soap\soap-2_2\activation.jar;C:\soap\soap-2_2"

Is there any special setting to do in order to make it run.

Thanks for help,

With Best Regards,
Ravindra