Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Dan Olsen <da...@utah.gov> on 2008/05/09 20:30:12 UTC

Using JSP templates instead of Velocity

I want to use the JSP templates instead of the velocity templates in Jetspeed. I have set the following lines as shown in the decorator.properties file in my layout folder:

template.type=JSP
template.extension=.jsp
header=header.jsp

However, Jetspeed is still loading the velocity templates.

Re: Using JSP templates instead of Velocity

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.
Just in case you are still having this issue or in case someone else
stumbles upon this thread:

I also ran into this "blank page" issue.  Looking at the jetspeed
logs, I found that there were JSP compilation errors because the
layout JSPs use some JDK 1.5 features (specifically some int
primitives were not being wrapped in Integer objects before being
passed as arguments to methods expecting objects).

I had been meaning to enable JDK 1.5 support for my JSPs (instead of
tomcat's default 1.4) for some time so I enabled it by:

1. copy tools.jar to CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
2. copy ant.jar and ant-launcher.jar to CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
3. remove jasper-compiler-jdt.jar from CATALINA_HOME/common/lib
4. Edit CATALINA_HOME/conf/web.xml and add the following two
parameters to the JspServlet:

	<init-param>
		<param-name>compilerSourceVM</param-name>
		<param-value>1.5</param-value>
	</init-param>
	<init-param>
		<param-name>compilerTargetVM</param-name>
		<param-value>1.5</param-value>
	</init-param>

-aaron

Posted by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com>.
Hi Mohan,

Posted by Aaron Evans <aa...@gmail.com>.
The instructions in this JIRA ticket should really make its way to the
decorators guide...

Posted by Bon <bo...@unipattern.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.