Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Julien Le Dem <ju...@dremio.com> on 2016/08/25 01:05:08 UTC

Release

We should do a release of Arrow so that people can start experimenting with
it.
I have created a jira so that we can mark the JIRAs we want to be in there
as blocker:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARROW-272

My thinking is that the metadata is still in flux until we release a 1.0

Thoughts?

--
Julien

Re: Release

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
+1 -- I think it would be good at this stage also to establish the
release process and go through the licensing / NOTICE file / packaging
details. It's too bad we aren't closer on the integration testing, but
I think we should be able to get there in a 0.2 or 0.3 release.
Letting the metadata be in flux until a 1.0 release makes sense.

Re: Release

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@apache.org>.