Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ahmad Pakhri Yahya <pa...@inbox.com> on 2010/12/03 06:15:01 UTC

[users@httpd] New to Apache

Hi,

I'm new to apache.  And I don't know where to begin with the document. May
be someone can help me to point to the right module or place in the
document.

I have two servers behind NAT.
-	Server 1 - I have two servlets running under one tomcat instance
using port 80
-	Server 2 - I have two servlets running under two different tomcat
instances using port 141 and 142

Currently, all servlets has domain names pointing to it from a domain
hosting companies. However, only one server is on port 80, and the other two
instances on server 2 is on different port. I'm having problem forwarding
from domain hosting because they don't support forwarding to other port
other than 80. They said I should try using apache, and let apache take port
80 and forward the traffic to specific servers and servlets internally. That
way I can also mask the IP on the browser. But looking at the document, I
don't know where to start. MOD_REWRITE? IP based virtual host. Name based
virtual host?  Can someone point me to the right direction.

All the servers are behind NAT.

Please give me some lead.

Ahmad Pakhri Yahya

Send your photos by email in seconds...
TRY FREE IM TOOLPACK at http://www.imtoolpack.com/default.aspx?rc=if3

Re: [users@httpd] New to Apache

Posted by Krist van Besien <kr...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 6:15 AM, Ahmad Pakhri Yahya
<pa...@inbox.com> wrote:

> I don’t know where to start. MOD_REWRITE? IP based virtual host. Name based virtual
> host?  Can someone point me to the right direction.

What you probably need is a reverse proxy.

You could start here: http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com