Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Marciu Liviu <li...@quattrosoft.ro> on 2001/09/26 16:11:38 UTC

tc-3.3-m4 as Win2K service and ODBC

Hello,
   I've made an application on TC-3.3-m4(Win2K Server) that logs to a remote MSSQL
   server (Win2K Profesional) throw ODBC, and runs fine when TC works as an application.

   But, when I start TC as a service the aplication failes to log to
   the ODBC. It seams that this service doesn't hava access to ODBC.
   Or ... ?

   Any ideeas ?

   Thanks !
   --
Best regards,
 Liviu                          mailto:liviu@quattrosoft.ro

Re[2]: tc-3.3-m4 as Win2K service and ODBC

Posted by Marciu Liviu <li...@quattrosoft.ro>.
It is System.

--
Best regards,
 Marciu                            mailto:liviu@quattrosoft.ro

Re: tc-3.3-m4 as Win2K service and ODBC

Posted by Ed Nixon <ed...@LynnParkPlace.org>.
There are three ways to define a ODBC data source names: User, System and
File.

You might experiment with defining a System data source name if you have
been using one of the others. I think System names are necessary for
applications running as or under the control of services.

           ...edN