Posted to log4net-user@logging.apache.org by Ping Xie <px...@caci.com> on 2004/07/07 14:44:16 UTC

Question about remotingappender

Hi,

We need to log to a single file from several web services using log4net.
So we need to use remotingappender. I started with your example (in
examples\net\1.0\Remoting). I only got the "Application [RemotingServer]
Start" and "Application [RemotingServer] End" in the log-file.txt. The
logging messages from the client were not output to the log file. When I
enable the internal debugging, I got the following debugging messages.
Could you tell me what is wrong?

Server stack trace:
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryAssemblyInfo.GetAssembly()
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.GetType(BinaryAssemblyInfo
assemblyInfo, String name)
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryConverter.TypeFromInfo(BinaryTypeEnum
binaryTypeEnum, Object typeInformation, ObjectReader objectReader,
BinaryAssemblyInfo assemblyInfo, InternalPrimitiveTypeE&
primitiveTypeEnum, String& typeString, Type& type, Boolean& isVariant)
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.ReadArray(BinaryHeaderEnum
binaryHeaderEnum)
   at System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.__BinaryParser.Run()
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.ObjectReader.Deserialize(HeaderHandler
handler, __BinaryParser serParser, Boolean fCheck, IMethodCallMessage
methodCallMessage)
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.Deserialize(Stream
serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler, Boolean fCheck,
IMethodCallMessage methodCallMessage)
   at
System.Runtime.Serialization.Formatters.Binary.BinaryFormatter.UnsafeDeserialize(Stream
serializationStream, HeaderHandler handler)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.CoreChannel.DeserializeBinaryRequestMessage(String
objectUri, Stream inputStream, Boolean bStrictBinding, TypeFilterLevel
securityLevel)
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.BinaryServerFormatterSink.ProcessMessage(IServerChannelSinkStack
sinkStack, IMessage requestMsg, ITransportHeaders requestHeaders, Stream
requestStream, IMessage& responseMsg, ITransportHeaders& responseHeaders,
Stream& responseStream)

Exception rethrown at [0]:
   at
System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.HandleReturnMessage(IMessage
reqMsg, IMessage retMsg)
   at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(MessageData&
msgData, Int32 type)
   at log4net.Appender.IRemoteLoggingSink.LogEvents(LoggingEvent[] events)
   at log4net.Appender.RemotingAppender.SendBuffer(LoggingEvent[] events)
   at log4net.Appender.BufferingAppenderSkeleton.SendBuffer(CyclicBuffer
buffer)
   at log4net.Appender.BufferingAppenderSkeleton.OnClose()
   at log4net.Appender.AppenderSkeleton.Close()
   at log4net.helpers.AppenderAttachedImpl.RemoveAllAppenders()
log4net: AppenderSkeleton: Finalizing appender named [RemotingAppender].
The program '[3236] RemotingClient.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

Thanks in advance.

Ping Xie

CACI
4831 Walden Lane