Posted to dev@madlib.apache.org by Nandish Jayaram <j....@gmail.com> on 2018/06/14 18:02:14 UTC

New Committer: Jingyi Mei

Dear MADlib dev community,

The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache MADlib
has invited Jingyi Mei to become a committer and we are pleased
to announce that she has accepted.

Jingyi started working on the project in Aug 2017. Since that
time, she has contributed significantly in both features and bug
fixes in the following areas:

- mini-batch preprocessor
- encoding categorical variables
- LDA
- summary
- k-nearest neighbors
- HITS graph algorithm
- correlation
- PageRank
- balanced sampling
- utilities
- install check improvements
- infrastructure projects
- documentation
- testing

Being a committer enables easier contribution to the
project since there is no need to go via the patch
submission process. This should enable better productivity.

Welcome Jingyi!

Regards,
The Apache MADlib PMC

Re: New Committer: Jingyi Mei

Posted by Himanshu Pandey <hp...@pivotal.io>.
Congratulations Jingyi!

On Thu, Jun 14, 2018 at 11:02 AM, Nandish Jayaram <j....@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Dear MADlib dev community,
>
> The Project Management Committee (PMC) for Apache MADlib
> has invited Jingyi Mei to become a committer and we are pleased
> to announce that she has accepted.
>
> Jingyi started working on the project in Aug 2017. Since that
> time, she has contributed significantly in both features and bug
> fixes in the following areas:
>
> - mini-batch preprocessor
> - encoding categorical variables
> - LDA
> - summary
> - k-nearest neighbors
> - HITS graph algorithm
> - correlation
> - PageRank
> - balanced sampling
> - utilities
> - install check improvements
> - infrastructure projects
> - documentation
> - testing
>
> Being a committer enables easier contribution to the
> project since there is no need to go via the patch
> submission process. This should enable better productivity.
>
> Welcome Jingyi!
>
> Regards,
> The Apache MADlib PMC

Himanshu Pandey   |  Senior Customer Engineer                 | +1 (650)
846-1832
Support.Pivotal.io <http://support.pivotal.io/>  |  Mon-Fri  9:00 am to
5:00 pm PST   |  1-887-477-2269
[image: support] <https://support.pivotal.io/> [image: twitter]