Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2001/06/26 04:04:57 UTC

Service...

(and I was supposed to hit the bed early tonight!)

It's the old (and now revamped) service proposal... Allows a "service" to
get signals (HUP/TERM) and to shutdown/restart correctly, and binding on
port < 1024 while running as non-root...

It is currently tested on Linux (RH71/i386), Solaris (8/Sparc) and MacOS/X
(10.0.4/PPC), with JDK 1.3.1 on all three, but should work fine from JDK 1.2
up to 1.4... And its feature complete (the port for Win32 is undergoing, but
somehow slow as I need to get to the Westminster University lab to access a
copy of MSVC - and don't ask me about CygWin, since it simply crashes on my
PC)

Try it out :)

    Pier