Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by dark <ek...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/06 10:56:11 UTC

How to scale out Ignite?

Hi, I want to scale out ignite node.

So, I have a some question.

1. When does the service work? We currently use affinityCall, which is
dangerous if broken data is served.

2. Do you know how to scale out the ignite safely on partitioned cache?

3. How can I know that scale out is done?

Thanks

Re: How to scale out Ignite?

Posted by Evgenii Zhuravlev <e....@gmail.com>.
Hi,

1. What do you mean by "when"? I'm sure that you can find all needed
information here: https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/service-grid. Also, I
don't understand why do you think that affinityCall is dangerous.

2. Well, everything should scale automatically. For a partitioned cache,
you can add backups for this cache. Anyway, you can read about it here:
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/cache-modes#section-partitioned-mode

3. Why do you want it? It's kind of internal things. In logs, you will see
message "Topology snapshot" message.

Regards,
Evgenii