Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Mary Thompson <mr...@lbl.gov> on 2006/11/30 04:14:59 UTC

[axis2-1.1.1] probems with enumerated types

One more thing that broke when I moved from 2.1 to 2.1.1. In 2.1
enumerated types based on strings were just treated as ordinary strings.
In 2.1.1 a class was created (by wsdl2java) for each enumerated type and
the values were checked. So far, an  improvement. But when the type is
put in or out of a message (using ADB binding) the OMElement classes
reject it.

For example resStatus is a return parameter which can hold a few string
values. It is part of a CreateReservationResponse but when axis goes to
return it I get.

Nov 29, 2006 6:54:02 PM
org.apache.axiom.om.impl.llom.OMSourcedElementImpl forceExpand
SEVERE: forceExpand: expected element name cancelReservationResponse,
found resStatus
Nov 29, 2006 6:54:02 PM org.apache.axis2.transport.http.AxisServlet doPost
SEVERE: java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

My Skeleton class is returning a CreateReservationClass which contains a
ResStatus class instance which has been set to "CANCELLED" using the
fromString("CANCELLED") method.

This happens both in axis2 1.1 and 1.1.1 Nov 29.

Any suggestions or enlightenment would be appreciated.

Mary

Re: [axis2-1.1.1] probems with enumerated types

Posted by Mary Thompson <mr...@lbl.gov>.
I finally narrowed it down to an interaction with enumerated types and
rampart.1.1-RC1. I have submitted a JIRA under the component "Modules"

Mary Thompson

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Mary,