Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by arpita <ar...@gmail.com> on 2015/01/29 06:36:20 UTC

Error Code for Failover available in ActiveMQ?

We have a application which currently uses IBM MQ as messaging provider. For
the fail-over implementation, the application tries to re-connect
based on some error-codes thrown by the MQ provider. For the IBM MQ, the
fail-over error codes registered in the application are like
MQJMS2005,MQJMS2007,MQJMS2008.

Now, we are planning to use Active MQ(5.8) (set up as Master - Slave)
instead of IBM MQ. So, when a broker is down, does the Active MQ throws any
error code based on which
it can be deduced that the application needs to retry to reconnect.

Re: Error Code for Failover available in ActiveMQ?

Posted by se...@gmail.com.
The whole idea is that the activemq client handles the reconnect, use the failover URI with two tcp connections.

Posted by artnaseef <ar...@artnaseef.com>.
There are no error codes of that nature.  Have you tried testing various
scenarios to see if they are distinguishable from the exceptions thrown?

By the way - what types of distinctions are made here on the client side,
and how does it operate differently in various scenarios?