Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Jonathan Vanasco <jv...@mastersofbranding.com> on 2005/03/10 22:15:38 UTC

ModPerl performance on BSDs

I'm looking at moving my project from a linux to a bsd environment, for
security and speed -- bsd seems to be doing real well for web stuff
right now.

I've been looking mostly at NetBSD, FreeBSD and OpenBSD -- has anyone
had remarkable success or misfortune with modperl2 under these
environments in regards to speed or running?

ie -- if your environment is slightly slower or faster, i would be
interested -- but if you tried a BSD and modperl2 was really fast or
really slow, or just would not compile without you pulling hair out of
your head, i would love to know

Re: ModPerl performance on BSDs

Posted by ca...@lilydaleairport.com.au.
> I'm looking at moving my project from a linux to a bsd environment, for
> security and speed -- bsd seems to be doing real well for web stuff
> right now.
>
> I've been looking mostly at NetBSD, FreeBSD and OpenBSD -- has anyone
> had remarkable success or misfortune with modperl2 under these
> environments in regards to speed or running?

I've been running mp2 under NetBSD for some years now,
and I haven't compared it on similar hardware, but it seems
to run just fine and compile fine etc.  The pkgsrc version
isn't well maintained (last time I checked) so I build it
by hand myself - with no dramas these days.

Carl

Re: ModPerl performance on BSDs

Posted by Dan Brian <da...@brians.org>.
I've been running mp2 in production on FreeBSD 4.9 without issue for
about 6 months.

Posted by William McKee <wi...@knowmad.com>.