Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Christine Mathiesen <t-...@hotels.com> on 2019/10/01 15:17:28 UTC

HiveRunner 5.0.0 released!

Hello Hive users!

We are pleased to announce the 5.0.0 release of HiveRunner <https://github.com/klarna/HiveRunner> (an open source framework for testing Hive queries using JUnit). This release contains a number of important changes and new features:

  *   HiveRunner now supports the JUnit5 Extension model! #106 (https://github.com/klarna/HiveRunner/issues/106).
  *   Run JUnit5 tests just as you would with the original JUnit4 Runner by using the @ExtendWith() annotation.
  *   The default version of Hive is now 2.3.4 as version 2.3.3 has a vulnerability (https://nvd.nist.gov/vuln/detail/CVE-2018-1314).
  *   Uses of TemporaryFolder have been replaced with a NIO Path throughout the project. NOTE: The HiveServerContext class now uses Path instead of TemporaryFolder in the constructor.

Binary artifacts for the release are available in Maven Central:
<http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/com/klarna/hiverunner/5.0.0/>

We encourage everyone to upgrade to this new version.

Thanks,

Christine
(on behalf of HiveRunner committers)

Christine Mathiesen
Software Engineer Intern
Big Data Platform
Hotels.com - An Expedia Brand
Expedia.com - 407 St John Street, London, EC1V 4EX