Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/11 21:08:09 UTC

Playground UI for openwhisk

With Chetan's contributions around the standalone controller, he and I
recently chatted about adding a simple UI to complement all the other
features now available out of the box.

At Nimbella, we had developed a playground interface for quickly authoring
functions (and sharing code) and we'd like to contribute this to the Apache
project.

I have opened a PR [1] to seed this implementation and have coordinated
with Chetan so that it can be used with the standalone controller.  You can
try it out at [2] if you haven't already seen in and I will show it at the
upcoming tech exchange on Wednesday.

Feedback as usual is welcomes and appreciated. I have not considered adding
this to the rest of the deployments but could explore that. In particular a
previous commit added a "/ui" route to the nginx routing in the open source
configuration and we could use that for this purpose.

[1] https://github.com/apache/openwhisk/pull/4686
[2] https://apigcp.nimbella.io/wb/?command=playground

-r

Re: Playground UI for openwhisk

Posted by Rodric Rabbah <ro...@gmail.com>.
It’s conceivable the standalone controller could download it too. I really
like that it’s self contained and all you need is java and docker so far (I
think).

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

--
Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>