Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Tom Hukins <to...@eborcom.com> on 1998/12/24 19:32:02 UTC

other/3584: Difference between CVS and CVSup repositories

>Number:         3584
>Category:       other
>Synopsis:       Difference between CVS and CVSup repositories
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Release:        1.3
>Environment:
% cvsup -v
CVSup client, GUI version
Software version: REL_15_4_2
Protocol version: 15.5
http://www.polstra.com/projects/freeware/CVSup/
Report problems to cvsup-bugs@polstra.com
The "apache-1.3" collection differs between the CVS and CVSup
repositories.

If apache-1.3 is checked out using anonymous CVSup, only the "src"
subdirectory is retrieved. I believe that this is a mistake, and
CVSup should retrieve the complete apache distribution. As far as I
can tell, retrieving the complete apache-1.3 is not possible with
CVSup.

Here is my supfile:

-START
*default tag=.
*default host=apache.org
*default prefix=/usr/home/tom/apache/
*default base=/usr/home/tom/
*default release=cvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix compress

mod-perl
apache-1.3
apache-1.3-docs
-END
>How-To-Repeat:
Use the supfile above with "cvsup supfile", replacing /usr/home/tom with an appropriate
directory.

You should find that the "src" directory is retrieved, rather than the complete
apache-1.3.
>Fix:
Fix the repository, or perhaps clarify the docs at http://dev.apache.org if
I've misunderstood something, and my configuration is wrong.

Thanks (and Merry Christmas!),
Tom