Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Srini2008 <ne...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/29 19:48:08 UTC

License question on WSDL4J in Axis 1.2.1

Hi,

I plan to use Apache Axis 1.2.1 for our software application in which I
intend to redistribute Apache Axis 1.2.1.

I have a question on the WSDL4J component which is under "Common Public
License version 1.0" on it. My legal team says its not a friendly license
and wants to exclude this component from distribution, but I cannot.

When I went through the maillist archive I saw a thread mentioning that
WSDL4J code was donated to Apache from IBM at some point of time. Can
someone confirm if this WSDL4J is okay to redistribute under ASL or is it
still under CPL?

Thanks,
Srini

BTW I already searched through this list and found this thread but still
wanted to confirm if things have changed since this thread was posted
http://www.nabble.com/forum/Search.jtp?query=wsdl4j+license&local=y&forum=232&daterange=0&startdate=&enddate