Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com> on 2013/07/22 21:07:52 UTC

Visualizing the Planners

Hi all,

I've been playing with a method of simulating provisioning activity on a
CloudStack cloud, and visualizing the resulting capacity usage on the
hosts.

I blogged about the first (very early) work here:

http://www.chipchilders.com/blog/2013/7/22/visualizing-the-cloudstack-planners-in-action.html

Feel free to let me know if you have any ideas / suggestions.

Re: Visualizing the Planners

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
A little more improvement:
http://www.chipchilders.com/blog/2013/7/25/simulator-scenario-generator-001-for-apache-cloudstack.html

Added the ability to simulate different compute offerings / accounts (and
used a weighted randomization to generate the scenario), capacity
augmentation triggers and zone-level data collection.

I'm not as great with the visualization side, so anyone can feel free to
play with the test_scenario.out file from here:
https://github.com/chipchilders/cloudstack-sim-gen/tree/20130725 and make a
better visualization.  I've only run one specific scenario right now, but
the process to do it yourself is also in the blog post.

On Mon, Jul 22, 2013 at 3:07 PM, Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been playing with a method of simulating provisioning activity on a
> CloudStack cloud, and visualizing the resulting capacity usage on the
> hosts.
>
> I blogged about the first (very early) work here:
>

> http://www.chipchilders.com/blog/2013/7/22/visualizing-the-cloudstack-planners-in-action.html
>
> Feel free to let me know if you have any ideas / suggestions.

Re: Visualizing the Planners

Posted by pr...@assistanz.com.
Hi,

 Provide visualization based on Host,cluster,pod,zone etc.. that will very
helpfull for future planning the cloud capacity.

 Regards,
 Prakash.M

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Comerford <da...@gmail.com>.