Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/01 18:13:51 UTC

Changing the location of the /etc/users.properties file

Hello list!

We are using the FuseSource versions of SMX 4.2.0 (Felix Karaf 1.4.0) and
4.3.1 (Karaf 2.1.4).
Is it possible to change the location/name of the
${KARAF_ROOT}/etc/users.properties file? Where I have to configure this?

I found the thread [1] which looks for me this feature was introduced in
Karaf 2.2.0. Is this right?

[1]
http://karaf.922171.n3.nabble.com/Keep-clean-repo-and-JAAS-configuration-for-the-end-users-td2382766.html

Best,
Christian

Re: Changing the location of the /etc/users.properties file

Posted by Christian Müller <ch...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply JB and sorry for responding so late. Busy weeks - all
my colleges enjoy the holidays...

I looked into the Karaf documentation but I didn't found the solution I was
looking for. My "wish" is to edit "org.apache.karaf.jaas.cfg" and set the
property "users" to e.g. "/Users/admin/karaf/users.properties". But this is
not possible as long this property is hard coded to
"$[karaf.base]/etc/users.properties". May there is a good reason for this
hard coded value you can share with me?

However, I understood I have to deploy a blueprint configuration like as
the one below:
<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0"
  xmlns:jaas="http://karaf.apache.org/xmlns/jaas/v1.1.0"
  xmlns:ext="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-ext/v1.0.0">

  <ext:property-placeholder placeholder-prefix="$[" placeholder-suffix="]"/>

  <jaas:config name="karaf" rank="100">
    <jaas:module
className="org.apache.karaf.jaas.modules.properties.PropertiesLoginModule"
flags="required">
      users = $[karaf.base]/etc/users.properties
    </jaas:module>
  </jaas:config>
</blueprint>

In SMX 4.2.0 (Felix Karaf 1.4.0) I found a similar solution (only a
different namespace).

Thanks for your help,
Christian

Posted by Jean-Baptiste Onofré <jb...@nanthrax.net>.