Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Kannan Sundaramoorthy <ka...@cognizant.com> on 2005/04/11 06:08:31 UTC

How to do OR search in Nutch?

Hi,
When searching for two terms using OR operator (or with just space
between two terms), nutch returns the results as if the terms were
united by AND, i.e. does not search for each term separately. Nutch just
looks for documents where both terms are present.
Does "OR" search require change in any configuration file? Any
help/guidance will be of great help tom me.

Thanks,
Kannan

Any unauthorised review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Re: [Nutch-dev] Re: How to do OR search in Nutch?

Posted by Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>.
> On Apr 12, 2005 1:30 AM, Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org> wrote:
> >
> > OR is not yet supported by Nutch's query parser.

It seems that this should be a pretty easy thing to support. Run both
queries individually, add them to a java.util.Set and convert it back
to results.

--
Cheers,
Hasan Diwan <ha...@gmail.com>

Re: How to do OR search in Nutch?

Posted by Andy Liu <an...@gmail.com>.
You would need to make a custom query filter plugin.  You'll want to
look at the query-basic plugin as an example of how it constructs a
Lucene query from a Nutch query.

Posted by zhang jin <pr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@nutch.org>.