Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Michael Sokolov <ms...@safaribooksonline.com> on 2014/10/29 12:38:27 UTC

function results' names include trailing whitespace

I noticed that when you include a function as a result field, the
corresponding key in the result markup includes trailing whitespace,
which seems like a bug.  I wonder if anyone knows if there is a ticket
for this already?

Example:

fl="id field(units_used) archive_id"

ends up returning results like this:

|       {
         "id":"nest.epubarchive.1",
         "archive_id":"urn:isbn:97849D42C5A01",
         "field(units_used)  ":123
                           ^
       }|

A workaround is to use something like:

fl="id field(units_used)archive_id"

instead, but it seems inelegant, and not consistent with the treatment
of other fields

-Mike

Re: function results' names include trailing whitespace

Posted by Michael Sokolov <ms...@safaribooksonline.com>.
OK, I opened SOLR-6672; not sure how I stumbled into using white space;
I would ordinarily use commas too, I think.

-Mike