Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Yu, Ed" <ek...@asg.sc.edu> on 2005/04/26 16:08:45 UTC

XTile question

Hi all,

I got a question about XTile. Does it support sending binary content back to
javascript?

Thanks.

Re: XTile question

Posted by Mind Bridge <mi...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

I presume the keyword in your question is 'binary'. If that is the case,
then the answer is no -- unfortunately Java and JavaScript have
different ways to represent data. While it is possible to do the data
conversion in some limited cases, it will not work in the general case
and it was not done as a result.

Is it possible to transfer the string representation of the object
instead, and recreate it on the JavaScript side?