Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Marc Rainville <ma...@goprint.com> on 2011/08/24 02:41:21 UTC

TrueType CID/Identity-H support

Hello,
I'm new to the mailing list so please excuse me if this has already been discussed.  I am trying to determine if there are any plans to support the printing of fonts that are encoded at Identity-H with a font type of TrueType (CID) (Embedded Subset).   Any text that is in that format in the sample PDF document that I've tested shows up garbled when it's copied from Acrobat into a text editor but I' hope PDFBOX will be able to render the text/vector graphics so it can be printed correctly.

When debugging, the font encoding is null but the CMap file for Identity-H does get loaded and parsed correctly.

Thanks,
Marc Rainville