Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/10 11:37:24 UTC

Fwd: Remote JNDI access to JMS resources

Hi!

wonder what we should put behind such a need (client lookup of server
resource).

One constraint is to not need any impl (amq for instance).

I thought to create a ResourceMetaData class transporting properties of the
server but that's not enough. We really have 2 worlds for some resources
and client and server logic are different. The connection factory is the
right example for this: in the server you are linked to the tx mgr, in the
client often not.

So the question is what do we expect? Using the server resource (= proxying
all the API, not complicated but not logical, moreover perf will be poor
:s) or using a real client resource. If the last one getting the conf can
only be done by a lot of reflection + client system properties usage (for
overriding)....nothing perfect

well i'm kind of mind-blocked on it, any opinion will be welcomed.

- Romain