Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by "Pan,Jinyu" <pa...@baidu.com> on 2012/08/21 13:43:22 UTC

When I use secure hbase client create table, throws accessDeniedException 'user is null'

When I use access secure hbase, the client throws AccessDeniedException 'Insufficient permissions for user 'null' (global, action=CREATE)'

Why? How to avoid it?

Re: When I use secure hbase client create table, throws accessDeniedException 'user is null'

Posted by Sonal Goyal <so...@gmail.com>.
Are you following the steps at http://hbase.apache.org/book/security.html ?

Best Regards,
Sonal

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
What version of HBase?

You have this in your client and configurations?

<property>
 <name>hbase.rpc.engine</name>
 <value>org.apache.hadoop.hbase.ipc.SecureRpcEngine</value>
</property>

<property>
 <name>hadoop.security.authentication</name>
 <value>kerberos</value>
</property>

<property>
 <name>hbase.security.authentication</name>
 <value>kerberos</value>
</property>

Because "user null" usually means you haven't configured use of the
SecureRpcEngine.

An example working secure configuration:
https://github.com/apurtell/tm-ec2-demo

--
Best regards,

   - Andy