Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Si...@saaconsultants.com on 2006/01/31 15:55:05 UTC

Snickers Source

Can anyone explain where the BER provider(s) have been moved to?

They were part of ldap-shared-0.9.3 but are no longer part of the 0.9.4 trunks?

Which provider should I be using with 0.9.4 (V1 RC1) and where should I get it?

Many Thanks

Re: Snickers Source

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com wrote:

> Can anyone explain where the BER provider(s) have been moved to?
>
> They were part of ldap-shared-0.9.3 but are no longer part of the
> 0.9.4 trunks?
>
> Which provider should I be using with 0.9.4 (V1 RC1) and where should
> I get it?

We switched to using the Twix provider and it has been integrated into
the old ldap-common stuff. After a few things on my plate I will do one
more major reorg and refactoring of this stuff.  Just to get it all
ready for the releases.  Most of it should stabilize ... sorry for the flux.

BTW I will be adding your sar contribution as a module in apacheds
somewhere.  Any recommendations where and what to call it.  Perhaps we
can just put a jboss mmodule somewhere?  Excuse me for not firing off
another thread.  Feel free to do so if you like.

Alex