Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Jason Essington <ja...@GreenRiverComputing.com> on 2004/06/25 21:34:04 UTC

Timestamp?

I have a service to which I am sending a request that has a defined
action of "Encrypt Signature" this request is processed and returned
also with a defined action of "Encrypt Signature" however when it gets
back to the client it has a timestamp included and cannot be processed
unless the action in the WSDoAllReceiver has a defined action of
"Timestamp Encrypt Signature" I can't seem to figure out where this
extraneous timestamp is coming from, and it certainly didn't behave
this way a couple of weeks ago.

Any idea what is going on?

this doesn't make any sense to me because the original request is being
processed by the WSDoAllSender (client side) and the WSDoAllReceiver
(server side) with out any trouble. but on the return trip, the
WSDoAllSender (server side) appears to be adding an unrequested
timestamp. Both the client and server are using the same version of
wss4j. So I am very confused. What could cause this timestamp to be
getting added?

-jason

Re: Timestamp?

Posted by Jason Essington <ja...@GreenRiverComputing.com>.
O.K. I copied my wss4j.jar file to the server one more time just to "be
sure" I had the same versions in both places and my problem seems to
have disappeared now.

who'd a thunk

-jason

Re: Timestamp?

Posted by Werner Dittmann <We...@t-online.de>.
Jason,

you know that we added the explicit Timestamp handling about 2 weeks ago.

The implicit handling was controlled by the WSSignBody/WSEncrypt
directly. Thus I believe that you may have an old version of
the modules somewhere in your classpath at the server side. The
old version (implict Timestamp handling) at the receiver (server) side
works perfectly because it only handles what it receives and does not
check explicitly for a Timestamp action

But an old version on the server side automatically inserts a Timestamp
(you can't switch it off unless you modify source) but the new
version at the client side now receives an "unexpected" Timestamp
action because the new version uses explicit Timestamp handling.

Regards,
Werner