Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by bajistaman <ba...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/30 15:05:28 UTC

?

Is there a way to do <t:buffer into="#{bean['key']"> so I can store the
content using some key inside a map?, the bean extends HashMap.

Thanks,

Johann

Re: ?

Posted by bajistaman <ba...@gmail.com>.
Using <t:buffer into="#{bean.key}">  worked, the problem was completely
unrelated to this, I was having a null pointer exception because I didn't
see a non closed bracket inside the jsp.

I'm doing this was because I have some central Cache system so I needed to
avoid storing more information that the needed because I'm working with a
farm.

Thanks for your help.

Johann

Re: ?

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
My understanding is that t:buffer immediately creates the bean target
of into during the render phase.

Are you asking to have the buffered value available on the next
request?   It doesn't seem like there'd be much point in capturing the
value into the bean for this request.

If it's the next request, add a t:updateActionListener or
f:setPropertyActionListener to copy  the into bean into #{bean['key']}
on submit.