Posted to users@maven.apache.org by zzzz8 <zz...@netzero.net> on 2008/01/30 02:32:53 UTC

Maven clean plugin not working

I'm new to Maven and I'm having some issues using the clean plugin.  When I
run the clean lifecycle phase (or clean:clean goal), I get the following
error:

>mvn -e clean
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
---
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin' does not
exist o
r no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[INFO] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.m
aven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin' does not exist or no valid version could be
fou
nd
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:1286)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1522)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindLifecycleForP
ackaging(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1016)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycl
eMappings(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:980)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException:
The p
lugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-clean-plugin' does not exist or no
valid v
ersion could be found
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePl
uginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:228)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePl
uginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:90)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPlug
inManager.java:166)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:1257)
        ... 18 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: < 1 second
[INFO] Finished at: Mon Jan 28 12:10:12 PST 2008
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]

Interestingly, I am able to pull in the junit jars just fine (a snippet of
my pom.xml):

		<dependency>
			<groupId>junit</groupId>
			<artifactId>junit</artifactId>
			<version>4.4</version>
		</dependency>

I believe my proxy settings are correct (my settings.xml):

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<settings>
	<proxies>
		<proxy>
			<active>true</active>
			<protocol>http</protocol>
			<host>www.mycompany.com</host>
			<port>88888</port>
		</proxy>
	</proxies>
</settings>

So I would think that it would be able to go to the main maven repository on
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ to pick up the plugin.  What am I doing wrong
here?  Thanks in advance.

Re: Maven clean plugin not working

Posted by zzzz8 <zz...@netzero.net>.