Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Th...@gmx.net on 2004/01/22 22:54:39 UTC

Define own Query / Document Scoring - How?

Hi,

we all know the formular of how Lucene is weighting documents. Does Lucene
also weigthen the query?

How can this formular be exchanged with another formular? Is it possible to
do Standard_Rocchio by calculating a new weight for each term in a new query
becased on the documents retrieved (based on their terms weights)?

Can somebody give me a hint of how this could work? Maybe a short code
sniplet?

Cheers,
Karl

Bis 31.1.: TopMail + Digicam für nur 29 EUR http://www.gmx.net/topmail