Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk> on 2003/03/24 11:14:53 UTC

Config of Slide 2.0

I want to ask about configuration of slide 2.0

According the RUNNING.txt file under jakarta-slide directory

* Deploy the Slide server (WebDAV server) within your web server like:

  1) Common jars like slide-stores.jar, slide-roles.jar, slide-kernel.jar,
     slide-webdavservlet.jar, commons-dbcp.jar, commons-pool.jar, jta.jar,
etc

    - On a Windows platform

      copy %SLIDE_HOME%\slide\lib\*.jar %WEB_SERVER%\common\lib

    - On a Unix platform

      cp $SLIDE_HOME/slide/lib/*.jar $WEB_SERVER/common/lib

  2) Jars for the web server like slide-jmxwrapper.jar and
slide-jndiwrapper.jar

    - On a Windows platform

      copy %SLIDE_HOME%\slide\wrappers\*.jar $WEB_SERVER\server\lib

    - On a Unix platform

  3) Slide web applications like slide.war, slide-admin.war and
slide-doc.war

    - On a Windows platform

      copy %SLIDE_HOME%\slide\webapp\*.war %WEB_SERVER%\webapps

    - On a Unix platform

      cp $SLIDE_HOME/slide/webapp/*.war $WEB_SERVER/webapps

  4) Start and stop your web server to extract the war files

     Or

     You can unjar the war files with jar like:

     - On a Windows platform

       cd %WEB_SERVER%\webapps
       mkdir slide (for example, slide.war)
       move slide.war slide

I am using Linux, I find that the directory structure of slide2.0 is
different from slide1.0.16 such that I can't find slide directory under
%SLIDE_HOME% and I can't find wrapper directory files under
jakarta-slide directory ....
I find wrappers directory under src instead.
and I can't find any wrappers jar files under the wrapper directory..

I don't know how to config actually..

Re: Config of Slide 2.0

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
Does anyone has the installation/ Configuration Guide for Slide2.0?
I try to follow the one given by slid2.0 but I find that the directory
architecture provided is different from my slide.