Posted to user@avro.apache.org by felix gao <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/31 03:44:57 UTC

Avro Serialization help

Hi all,

I'd like to use avro as the mechanism that serialize and de-serialize data
between client and server.   Since my google-jitsu is very weak, I can't
find any tutorials online teach me how to do this.  Basically,  I have an
object that is Map<String, List<Map<String, Object>>> in my server that
needs to be transfered to the client in Binary format and I am not sure how
to should I code that so the data will be written as bytes to be transferred
by http protocol and once the client receives it then de-serialize into java
objects again.

below is an example schema that I generated which I think maps to my java
object definition.

{
  "namespace" : "test.gen.avro",
  "types" : [ {