Posted to docs@httpd.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2004/03/21 02:20:36 UTC

ab docs (1.3)

I'm writing some stuff about apache performance, and poking at the ab
docs as a result. I'm wondering about the SYNOPSIS section. Several of
the options have ]  ]  on them, and I'm wondering if that means
something or if it needs fixing. I'm inclined to fix it, because it
doesn't appear to mean anything.

Also, the -X option is missing, and I'm trying to add that with correct
page layout. So it makes sense to do both at the same time.

Is this page supposed to exactly match the man page or something like
that? If so, I suppose I need to fix the man page too.

--
And everyone said, "If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve -

Re: ab docs (1.3)

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, Erik Abele wrote:

> On 21.03.2004, at 03:45, Erik Abele wrote:
>
> > No, you don't have to speak troff ;)
> >
> > The man pages are generated from the XML sources, so you can go
> > forward and just edit the .xml file, rebuild and check in the .xml and
> > the man file.
>
> Ahem - of course in 2.x only. In 1.3 you'll have to edit the man pages
> by hand :(

Yeah, unfortunately, this is with 1.3. The 2.0 docs for ab are
completely correct. The 1.3 ones were pretty broken.

--
Pilgrim, how you journey on the road you chose
To find out where the winds die and where the stories go

Re: ab docs (1.3)

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.

Re: ab docs (1.3)

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.

Re: ab docs (1.3)

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
On Sat, 20 Mar 2004, Rich Bowen wrote:

> I'm writing some stuff about apache performance, and poking at the ab
> docs as a result. I'm wondering about the SYNOPSIS section. Several of
> the options have ]  ]  on them, and I'm wondering if that means
> something or if it needs fixing. I'm inclined to fix it, because it
> doesn't appear to mean anything.
>
> Also, the -X option is missing, and I'm trying to add that with correct
> page layout. So it makes sense to do both at the same time.
>
> Is this page supposed to exactly match the man page or something like
> that? If so, I suppose I need to fix the man page too.

I went ahead and fixed the doc page. And it had a number of other things
on it that were just plain wrong. I don't know if I need to fix the man
page, and I don't speak troff, but I'll poke around and see what I can
find out.

--
You May Think He's Deranged
But He'd Rather Be Home,