Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by ChinUom <ch...@gmail.com> on 2005/09/13 13:31:06 UTC

Deploying axis in to Geronimo! how?

hi all,
i really new to Geronimo stuff. i need to configure axis on Geronimo. pls
help me on that.
how can i configure axis ?
thanks
 regards
Chin

Re: Deploying axis in to Geronimo! how?

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <jb...@apache.org>.
ChinUom wrote:
> hi Stefan,
>  thanks for the reply.
> when we install the geronimo, we can see that jetty, tomcat and some other
> GBeans were automaticaly deployed. but we cant see that axis 1.x is deployed
> with geronimo. do we need to deploy axis GBean before we used that?

No. The GBean components that represent web service and wrap POJOs or
EJBs are created by the builder when your application is deployed. Just
deploying an application packaged as per JSR-109(?) is enough make it
available; you can also define service-ref elements in your deployment
descriptor to access other web services.

--
Jeremy

Re: Deploying axis in to Geronimo! how?

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.
On Sep 13, 2005, at 10:04 PM, ChinUom wrote:

> hi Stefan,
>
> thanks for the reply.
> when we install the geronimo, we can see that jetty, tomcat and some
> other GBeans were automaticaly deployed. but we cant see that axis 1.x
> is deployed with geronimo. do we need to deploy axis GBean before we
> used that?

For j2ee web services, no.  We construct the necessary pieces of axis
for you based on the deployment descriptors and geronimo plan.  The
hard part AFAIK is writing the jaxrpc mapping file which is needed for
anything except rpc/encoded.  Although this file is usually rather
pointless, we follow the spec in requiring it and actually using the
information in it.  I think there are generators for this file by IBM
and Sun although I have never used them and don't know how to find them
or what license they are under.

thanks
david jencks

Posted by Stefan Schmidt <sc...@gmail.com>.
Chin,

If you want to deploy the Axis distribution including your Web service
in geronimo (as standalone), simply pack it as war file and deploy it.
There is an article on this at IBM developerWorks.

If you are looking for fully J2EE compliant Web service using JAX-RPC
you don't need to deploy Axis since Geronimo comes with a full
implementation of this API. There is a tutorial on IBM developerWorks as
well.

Regards,
Stefan Schmidt