Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Jukka Zitting <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/31 10:46:21 UTC

Chukwa status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "April2012" by EricYang)

Hi,

Thanks for the early report, Chukwa!

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 6:07 AM, Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> wrote:
> + Chukwa is an open source data collection system for monitoring large
> distributed systems. Chukwa is built on top of the Hadoop Distributed File
> System (HDFS), HBase and Map/Reduce framework and inherits Hadoop’s
> scalability and robustness. Chukwa also includes a flexible and powerful
> toolkit for displaying, monitoring and analyzing results to make the best
> use of the collected data.

I think the first sentence would be enough context for the report.
Please also include a note of when Chukwa entered incubation.

> + - Chukwa 0.5.0 has been released
> + - New committer Ahmed Fathalla has been voted in and granted proper krama
> + - Mentor William A. Rowe Jr resigned
> + - Alan D. Cabrera volunteer to become new mentor

Sounds good.

What's your status regarding graduation, most notably in terms of
community activity and diversity?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

Re: Chukwa status (Was: [Incubator Wiki] Update of "April2012" by EricYang)

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jukka,

Chukwa has been used in various organization.  For Chukwa 0.5.0
release, the majority of code has been contributed from single
individual.  There are questions raised that there should be more
diversity of the contribution from the community from mentors.  There
are increased activities on user mailing list in the past month, but
momentum and traction is still a concern.  I plan to update the report
per Bernd's recommendation.

regards,
Eric