Posted to dev@openaz.apache.org by David Ash <gr...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/21 17:19:40 UTC

Promotions election

Hello Mentors and Members of the PMC,

I request that an election to promote our new list of developers to the
status of Committer be held quickly.

Our most vital tasks cannot be done today without that status, and this is
not only holding back our capabilities, but it threatens to steal our most
precious commodity: momentum.  At the very least, we need one developer
with committer status that regularly monitors their email, is quick to
reply, and has the time to perform their duties without significant delays.

I propose a deadline for such an election to be 9 PM Central Time tomorrow,
Friday April 22nd, in preparation for the proposed Agile Sprint starting
date.

Thank you for your time and consideration,

David Ash

Re: Promotions election

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
My +1. I'm in vacation for 10 days, so don't expect me to be very reactive,
but I do think we are on a better path to get the project revive. Keep
going, guys!

Le jeudi 21 avril 2016, Sam Barrett <sa...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> I second this proposal.
>
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 9:32 AM, David Ash <green.neon@gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
>
> > ADDENDUM
> >
> > I further propose that the new developers are given greater capabilities
> in
> > Jira, and that this follows the previously proposed schedule with a
> > deadline of tomorrow.
> >
> > Specifically, I'd like the new developers (including myself) be able to:
> >
> > * Create an Agile Scrum or Kanban Board
> > * Reassign issues to new assignees and reporters
> > * Generate reports
> > * Grant additional capabilities in Jira to other developers
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > David Ash
> >
> > On Thu, Apr 21, 2016 at 9:19 AM, David Ash <green.neon@gmail.com
> <javascript:;>> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Mentors and Members of the PMC,
> > >
> > > I request that an election to promote our new list of developers to the
> > > status of Committer be held quickly.
> > >
> > > Our most vital tasks cannot be done today without that status, and this
> > is
> > > not only holding back our capabilities, but it threatens to steal our
> > most
> > > precious commodity: momentum.  At the very least, we need one developer
> > > with committer status that regularly monitors their email, is quick to
> > > reply, and has the time to perform their duties without significant
> > delays.
> > >
> > > I propose a deadline for such an election to be 9 PM Central Time
> > > tomorrow, Friday April 22nd, in preparation for the proposed Agile
> Sprint
> > > starting date.
> > >

> > > Thank you for your time and consideration,
> > >
> > > David Ash

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com