Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Pablo Pita Leira <pa...@pitagoral.com> on 2006/07/20 00:43:10 UTC

example code of a simple chat server based on Mina and Spring

Hello,

I have coded  a programming assigment for the uni using Mina. I had to
develop a simple chat server which broadcasts the messages from clients to
all the connected clients. So I started from the Reverse example and added
my functionality to an IoHandler which keeps a container with all the
sessions. Later on, I added Spring for configuration, and later on, I used
a few Spring JMX annotations (so Java 5.0 is required) for showing how to
expose functionality via JMX. So, there are different source directories
which show that evolution in characteristics.

I have placed the sources here:

http://pitagoral.com/projects/ChatServer_source.tar.gz
http://pitagoral.com/projects/ChatServer_with_dependencies.tar.gz

I think they can be useful for newbies to Mina and/or as example of using
Spring to configure a Mina application.

And lastly, I appreciate the Mina framework ...  it has been very nice to
get to know it a bit better.

Thanks,

Pablo

Re: example code of a simple chat server based on Mina and Spring

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 7/24/06, Pablo Pita Leira <pa...@pitagoral.com> wrote:

> Trustin Lee wrote:
>
> > Please don't forget to check that you agree to contribute them to the
> ASF.
> > Sorry for your inconvenience, but it's necessary process unless you have
> > signed ICLA.
>
> Done.

Thank you!

> >> And lastly, I appreciate the Mina framework ... it has been very nice
> >> get to know it a bit better.
> >

> > Any feedback? We grow up with your criticism as always.
> What I can say (humble opinion) is that I share your vision of having Mina
> as a framework/infrastructure for developing network applications and
> allowing easy development of complex protocols. That would be very nice to
> have.

Thank you 2!  Good to see a people who supports our vision.  :)

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP key fingerprints:
* B693 628E 6047 4F8F CFA4  455E 1C62 A7DC 0255 ECA6

Re: example code of a simple chat server based on Mina and Spring

Posted by Pablo Pita Leira <pa...@pitagoral.com>.
Trustin Lee wrote:

> Please don't forget to check that you agree to contribute them to the ASF.
> Sorry for your inconvenience, but it's necessary process unless you have
> signed ICLA.

Done.

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
On 7/20/06, Pablo Pita Leira <pa...@pitagoral.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have coded a programming assigment for the uni using Mina. I had to
> develop a simple chat server which broadcasts the messages from clients to
> all the connected clients. So I started from the Reverse example and added
> my functionality to an IoHandler which keeps a container with all the
> sessions. Later on, I added Spring for configuration, and later on, I used
> a few Spring JMX annotations (so Java 5.0 is required) for showing how to
> expose functionality via JMX. So, there are different source directories
> which show that evolution in characteristics.
>
> I have placed the sources here:
>
> http://pitagoral.com/projects/ChatServer_source.tar.gz
> http://pitagoral.com/projects/ChatServer_with_dependencies.tar.gz
>
> I think they can be useful for newbies to Mina and/or as example of using
> Spring to configure a Mina application.

Wow, it's great.  Thanks!  We really appreciate it.  For license
clarification, could you create a JIRA issue and attach these files to
contribute?  Here's the URL:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA

Posted by peter royal <pr...@apache.org>.
On Jul 19, 2006, at 6:43 PM, Pablo Pita Leira wrote:
> I have placed the sources here:
>
> http://pitagoral.com/projects/ChatServer_source.tar.gz
> http://pitagoral.com/projects/ChatServer_with_dependencies.tar.gz
>
> I think they can be useful for newbies to Mina and/or as example of
> using
> Spring to configure a Mina application.
>
> And lastly, I appreciate the Mina framework ...  it has been very
> nice to
> get to know it a bit better.

Awesome, thanks!

-pete