Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Mohamed Abdul Khader Jailani <ja...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/12 09:58:25 UTC

Renderer problem in FOP

Hi,
       I am Mohamed ,using FOP for converting my xml to pdf file .
       I tried to convert the xml data from database to PDF file using to
FOP .
      While I tried it as  a stand alone Java code ,Its working fine and I
am able to get the generated PDF file .
        But when I try to access the same code from a servlet uisng
apache-tomcat-5.5.17 ,I get prooblem like saying below :
*java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: No renderer for the requested
format available: application/pdf*
**
I tried to fix it ,but cannot solve it .
Any help would be appreciated ..
Its urgent pls help me .

Thank you

Regards
Jailani

Re: Renderer problem in FOP

Posted by Andreas Delmelle <an...@telenet.be>.
On 16 Mar 2009, at 05:48, Mohamed Abdul Khader Jailani wrote:

Hi

> <snip />
> But I get a different problem like as shown below :
>
> java.lang.StackOverflowError
> java.lang.StringBuffer.<init>(StringBuffer.java:105)
> org
> .apache.fop.fo.properties.PercentLength.toString(PercentLength.java:
> 121)
>

> Kindly reply me how to fix the issue.
> I tried searching for this issue ,it says log level to be changed to
> info .
> Even I have changed the logger level still I get the same issue .

Two possibilities:
1° either the message in question that triggers
PercentLength.toString() is of level INFO, WARN or ERROR
2° or your setting of the log-level somehow did not suffice (i.e.
there are still some FOP-related loggers that use DEBUG-level)

Can you perhaps send us the FO (directly/off-list if it is rather
large or contains confidential info)?
I know this issue is fixed in FOP Trunk, so if I run the same FO on my
end, maybe I can identify the message that you would normally get. If
that is the case, then the issue can probably be avoided by altering
the FO.

Thanks

Andreas

Re: Renderer problem in FOP

Posted by Mohamed Abdul Khader Jailani <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Thank you very much for your timely help.
Our tomcat server was configured  to load the jars files from different
classpath.
Now after placing the jar files in the same place of different directory
,error has been rectified .

Re: Renderer problem in FOP

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
I'm assuming this is a class loader problem. Please make sure that
xmlgraphics-commons.jar and fop.jar are on the same level in the class
loader hierarchy (ex. in the same WEB-INF/lib directory).

See also:
http://markmail.org/message/l6mfyts33h7767qx
http://markmail.org/message/qihrm6sdhl3ix2w2

On 12.03.2009 09:58:25 Mohamed Abdul Khader Jailani wrote:
> Hi,
>        I am Mohamed ,using FOP for converting my xml to pdf file .
>        I tried to convert the xml data from database to PDF file using to
> FOP .
>       While I tried it as  a stand alone Java code ,Its working fine and I
> am able to get the generated PDF file .
>         But when I try to access the same code from a servlet uisng
> apache-tomcat-5.5.17 ,I get prooblem like saying below :
> *java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: No renderer for the requested
> format available: application/pdf*
> **
> I tried to fix it ,but cannot solve it .
> Any help would be appreciated ..
> Its urgent pls help me .
>

> Thank you
>
> Regards