Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2006/12/07 13:16:50 UTC

Dependency injection -- here at last

So with all the changes I've made to xbean-reflect and some liberal
hacking on the container system, we now have Field and Setter
dependency injection.

Any bean annotated with @EJB pointing to any bean interface or
@Resource referring to a env-entry will get it's data injected as
required.  The same works without annotations and using only the
deployment descriptor as well.  All the overrides work too.

All injection is done through JNDI, so at this point we just need to
complete these JIRAs and will have the full range of injectable data
available:

     [OPENEJB-373] ENC: resource-ref: javax.mail.Session
     [OPENEJB-374] ENC: resource-ref: java.net.URL
     [OPENEJB-375] ENC: resource-ref: javax.jms.QueueConnectionFactory
     [OPENEJB-376] ENC: resource-ref: javax.jms.TopicConnectionFactory
     [OPENEJB-377] ENC: resource-env-ref: javax.ejb.SessionContext
     [OPENEJB-378] ENC: resource-env-ref: javax.jms.Queue
     [OPENEJB-379] ENC: resource-env-ref: javax.jms.Topic
     [OPENEJB-380] ENC: message-destination-ref: javax.jms.Queue
     [OPENEJB-381] ENC: message-destination-ref: javax.jms.Topic
     [OPENEJB-382] ENC: persistence-context-ref
     [OPENEJB-383] ENC: persistence-unit-ref

Now I need to wire in the Interceptor code Dain wrote.

We're looking pretty good!

-David

Re: Dependency injection -- here at last

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
kewl!

Regards,
Alan