Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com> on 2005/12/09 14:54:18 UTC

[configuration] findbugs and JDK1.3

One more thing...

I noticed that findbugs is commented out:

     <!-- Commented out, does not run on JDK 1.3
     <report>maven-findbugs-plugin</report> -->

According to the homepage for Findbugs, while yes, it does require
JDK1.4 to run, it should analyze 1.3 code.  When we compile for 1.3,
does that mean you are using a 1.3 JDK as well?

RC is looking good,
Eric

Re: [configuration] findbugs and JDK1.3

Posted by Oliver Heger <he...@med.uni-marburg.de>.
Eric Pugh schrieb:
> One more thing...
>
> I noticed that findbugs is commented out:
>
>     <!-- Commented out, does not run on JDK 1.3
>     <report>maven-findbugs-plugin</report> -->
>
> According to the homepage for Findbugs, while yes, it does require
> JDK1.4 to run, it should analyze 1.3 code.  When we compile for 1.3,
> does that mean you are using a 1.3 JDK as well?
>
> RC is looking good,
> Eric

Hi Eric,

I indeed built the distributions with JDK 1.3 to ensure full
compatibility. (It would also be possible to run the build on JDK 1.4
and set the maven.compiler.executable property to point to a JDK 1.3
javac, but then the manifest file will have an incorrect version number;
at least if no additional steps are performed.)

Also if 1.3 is our minimum required JDK version, I wanted to make sure
that building on this JDK is possible without major problems.

Oliver