Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rajani Karuturi <Ra...@citrix.com> on 2013/10/17 07:47:26 UTC

Intellij Idea Code Style settings jar

Hi All,
I added Intellij Idea IDE code style settings jar on the coding conventions page @ https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Coding+conventions#Codingconventions-IDEsettingsfile
Its a work in progress and right now only for xml and java files.
To import the settings, download the jar and do file->import settings in IDEA.

I request anyone using eclipse to export the settings xml and upload it here.

This will help new members like me to quickly configure IDE according to cloudstack coding conventions.

Rajani

Re: Intellij Idea Code Style settings jar

Posted by Rajani Karuturi <Ra...@citrix.com>.
We already have eclipse settings file at tools/eclipse/eclipse.epf (Thanks Daan for updating the wiki with this info)
Using the Eclipse Code Formatter plugin (http://plugins.jetbrains.com/plugin/?idea&id=6546 ) for intellij, we can use the same file for intellij as well.
However, the plugin requires formatter xml file. So, I exported the settings from the above epf and added it to the wiki.
I also added it to the review board @ https://reviews.apache.org/r/14990/ . Please review it and push if you feel appropriate.

Rajani