Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Laxmi Narayan <ni...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/30 14:15:17 UTC

kafka not throwing any exception not any response in call back

Hi ,
  I am using kafka 10.2 and sometime my producer does not sends me any ACK
and in that case data is also not pushed.

Whenever I get ACK I am able to consume data.

But this is happening quiet often with me and i have no clue why data is
not being pushed inside and my request ends gracefully and no exception no
response inside callback code.

Any extra param or config to enable debug for such cases ?

Keep learning keep moving .....

Re: kafka not throwing any exception not any response in call back

Posted by Hans Jespersen <ha...@confluent.io>.
In your producer have you set acks to be “all” and retries to be something higher than “0”?

props.put("acks", "all");
props.put("retries", 2147483647);
Also if the order of the messages matter you should also set the max inflight messages to 1 so retries happen and succeed before any other messages are sent.
props.put(“max.in.flight.requests.per.connection”,1);

-hans