Posted to user@jclouds.apache.org by Yaron Rosenbaum <ya...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/23 13:01:46 UTC

Slow node creation on GCE

My software creates multiple nodes concurrently (using jclouds), and then runs a short script (shouldn’t take more than 1sec). The first node is created quickly, but the others take a long time - 3-4 minutes between each. The nodes are actually created (I can ssh to them and they are fully functional), but for some reason jclouds doesn’t finish processing them and running the script quickly.
I’ve tried playing with a number of options (see below), but to no avail.

It seems like some resource is constrained, but I can’t put my finger on which. Documentation of the various config options is also a bit thin.

Appreciate if you could share from your own experience, or at least point me in the right direction.

		overrides.setProperty(ComputeServiceProperties.POLL_INITIAL_PERIOD, TEN_SECONDS);
		overrides.setProperty(ComputeServiceProperties.POLL_MAX_PERIOD, TEN_SECONDS);
		overrides.setProperty(ComputeServiceProperties.TIMEOUT_NODE_TERMINATED, TWENTY_SECONDS);
		overrides.setProperty(Constants.PROPERTY_SO_TIMEOUT, "20000");
		overrides.setProperty(Constants.PROPERTY_CONNECTION_TIMEOUT, "20000");
		overrides.setProperty(Constants.PROPERTY_MAX_CONNECTIONS_PER_CONTEXT, "100");
		overrides.setProperty(Constants.PROPERTY_MAX_RETRIES, "30");
		overrides.setProperty(Constants.PROPERTY_USER_THREADS, "100");
		overrides.setProperty(Constants.PROPERTY_IO_WORKER_THREADS, "100");
		overrides.setProperty(ComputeServiceProperties.TIMEOUT_PORT_OPEN, "15000");
		overrides.setProperty(ComputeServiceProperties.TIMEOUT_SCRIPT_COMPLETE, "10000");
		overrides.setProperty("jclouds.ssh.max-retries", "10");
		overrides.setProperty(“jclouds.ssh.retry-auth", "true");

Cheers,
(Y)