Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Martin Olsson <mn...@minimum.se> on 2004/08/05 15:44:18 UTC

Location of .properties and .xml configuration files (and .JARs)?

There is also another thing that I have been thinking about. My web
services "main class" uses several configuration files, where should I put
these? The class itself it tucked away in a .JAR inside lib/ but I feel
uncomfortable storing configuration files in the lib/ dir and while
putting them inside the JAR would work that would also make it hard to
edit them.

This issue is very similar to the problem I had yesterday, how can I store
my third-party library .JARs so that they are organized per web service?
Dumping everything in lib/ feels ugly. Surely, someone has encountered
this situation before?

---

btw, thanks Florian -- the mail.jar/activation.jar was right on.

Regards,
Martin Olsson