Posted to dev@doris.apache.org by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> on 2022/03/10 05:25:36 UTC

[Discuss] About Doris Improvement Proposals

Hi All:
I would like to start using "Doris Improvement Proposals(DSIP)" to save all design doc of major features of Doris.
The motivation of DSIP and details can be found here[1].

Please feel free to discuss.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/DORIS/Doris+Improvement+Proposals

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

回复: [Discuss] About Doris Improvement Proposals

Posted by 41108453 <41...@qq.com.INVALID>.
+1

This is a very good way to facilitate community member participation and community management

Posted by ling miao <li...@apache.org>.
+ 1 agree with DIP.

Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com> 于2022年3月10日周四 16:21写道:

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Re: [Discuss] About Doris Improvement Proposals

Posted by ling miao <li...@apache.org>.
Same as this PR: https://github.com/apache/incubator-doris/pull/8393/files

Ling Miao

陈明雨 <mo...@163.com> 于2022年3月11日周五 14:02写道:

Re:Re: Re: [Discuss] About Doris Improvement Proposals

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
> If there is a contributor who is really not good at English technical writing, then he/she can request PMC/committers from community to help to do the translate & pre-review privately

That is exacly what i mean. And yes, the final document should be in English.

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

Posted by OpenInx <op...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Good suggestion!

--

此致!Best Regards
陈明雨 Mingyu Chen

Email:
chenmingyu@apache.org

在 2022-03-11 14:20:10,"Gabriel Lee" <ga...@gmail.com> 写道:

Posted by Gabriel Lee <ga...@gmail.com>.

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.

Posted by ling miao <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by 王博 <wa...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
王博  Wang Bo

Re: [Discuss] About Doris Improvement Proposals

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It's great to compose the design document and review the document with
google doc.
My suggestion is once we finish the review process it is better to use
ASF wiki to host these documentation.
Because some people may have some trouble to access the google doc.

Just my 2 cents.

Willem Jiang

Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem

Posted by 陈明雨 <mo...@163.com>.
Thanks for you suggestions:
1. About language:
I agree that using Chinese exclusively will not promote diversity in the community. But I would like to have a lower threshold to help the Doris community quickly establish a mechanism for DSIP. This is equivalent to a cold start process. In the meantime, PMC members will help with the translation of the Chinese documentation.
Once the mechanism is up and running, we will promote full English documentation.

2. About Google Doc
That is great!

--

此致!Best Regards