Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Jonathan Bender <jo...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/27 01:53:21 UTC

HDFS reports corrupted blocks after HBase reinstall

Hi all, I'm having a strange error which I can't exactly figure out.

After wiping my /hbase HDFS directory to do a fresh install, I am getting
"MISSING BLOCKS" in this /hbase directory, which cause HDFS to start up in
safe mode.  This doesn't happen until I start my region servers, so I have a
feeling there is some kind of corrupted metadata that is being loaded from
these region servers.

Is there a graceful way to wipe the HBase directory clean?  Any local
directories on the region servers /master / ZK server that I should be
wiping as well?

Cheers,
Jon

Re: HDFS reports corrupted blocks after HBase reinstall

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
I don't remember ever seeing this :|

Was your secondary namenode running on a different host or storing its
data in a different folder? Was that wiped out too?

J-D

Posted by Jonathan Bender <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Bender <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Himanshu Vashishtha <hv...@cs.ualberta.ca>.